Who are we?
We are obliged to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This notice applies where we are acting as a controller with respect to the personal data of the visitors of our website.
The data processing controllers are:
- Association des Ingénieurs électriciens sortis de l’institut électrotechnique Montefiore (AIM), established in Rue des Homes 1, 4000 Liège Belgium, tel: +32 4 222 29 46 ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The AISBL CIRED, established Rue des Homes 1, 4000 Liège, Belgium, tel: +32 4 222 29 46 ; email: email@example.com
- IET Services Limited, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL. Registration Number 909719. IET Services Limited is trading as a subsidiary of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, which is registered as a Charity in England & Wales (no 211014) and Scotland (no SC038698), tel: +44 (0)20 7240 1871 ; email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we collect from you?
We collect the following personal data from you: full name, email address, phone number, address, company
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect your data on the basis of your consent and will be used to inform you about our events, communicate with you about CIRED activities and manage invoicing. We may use your personal data for purposes of:
- providing you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to events we run or other services we provide;
- the administration and organisation of our events, for example, to contact you about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at or attending;
- keeping contact with you about other similar events or services of ours, that may be interest to you for research purposes after an event you have attended;
- compliance with or abide by legal obligations or requirements.
Once selected, your personal data will be processed and made public on our website (https://cired-repository.org) based on a legitimate purpose. It is in our legitimate interest that when the submitter provides an article with the intention that it will be published.
How do we process your data?
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to meet the purpose.
In accordance with article 32 GDPR, IET, AIM and CIRED will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission. All of the personal data we collect or record will only be used by CIRED organisers and administrators. Only organisers and administrators who need the information to fulfil their duties under this contract are granted access to personal data. We will never share or sell your data to any third parties. If you wish to opt out from receiving communications from us, just unsubscribe from our mailing list.
What are your rights?
Depending on the legal basis, this section summarises the rights you have under the GDPR:
- right to be informed (art 12-13 GDPR): you have the right to know what data is being collected, how it is used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with third parties.
- right of rectification (art 16 GDPR): you have the right to contact us if any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- right to be forgotten (art 17 GDPR): in certain circumstances you have the right to ask CERID to erase the personal data from our records.
- right to restrict processing (art 18 GDPR): you can request that CERID limits the way we use your personal data.
- right of data portability (art 20 GDPR): you can request that CERID transfer any data that it holds to another company.
- right to object (art 21 GDPR): in certain circumstances, you have the right to challenge certain types of processing.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about a personal data breach with a supervisory authority, and, if necessary, with a national court.
You may contact us at email@example.com with your requests and questions.
Accessing your personal data
You have the right to access your data and to request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to us (art 15 GDPR).
You have the right to withdraw your consent any time and free of charge. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing personal data based on consent before its withdrawal.
About cookies and cookies that we use